Light and Molecules is a research group led by Mario Barbatti at the Aix Marseille University in Marseille, France.
The group is dedicated to computational theoretical chemistry, with focus on method development, software implementation, and case studies of topics related to nonadiabatic phenomena in molecular systems. The group is also responsible for the development and distribution of the Newton-X program.
In the pages below, you can know more about the current and past research lines of Mario Barbatti in Marseille and at previous institutions where he was affiliated (Mülheim an der Ruhr, Vienna, and Rio).
- Nonadiabatic ultrafast phenomena
- Photoinduced processes in nucleic acids
- Organic photovoltaics
- UV/vis spectrum simulations
- Excited-state proton transfer
- Methods for nonadiabatic dynamics
- Inner-shell excitation
- Investigations in atomic and molecular physics